Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

I got lost in Kuala Lumpur

I would start with my first "lost"experience in Kuala Lumpur. That time I was a new student here. The class was over and it was raining. So, my friend and me (both of us are Indonesian) asked a favor from our friend from Korea to drive us back. We were so happy because we thought we could come back to our home soon. We thought he knew the way to go from our college to my place because it is not far , only about 10 mins.

But then, who knows my Korean friend took a wrong way.. just to tell u guys, here in Malaysia only has one way and it mostly Highway road! It is very difficult to find U-turn..

We are three foreigner students lost in highway, my friend kept straight and straight couldn't find the U-turn. We ended up in unfamiliar place, very quite, and far from town. I even couldn't see any buildings or houses. All around were trees and hills. It was raining, cold, and I became hungry! My Korean friend was very very calm. "All roads in Malaysia will always end up to KL, even though we turn or keep straight!" haha It was so funny...however, we still a little bit frightened.

We asked so many people on the road, fortunately my friend and me can speak Indonesian because we only met Malaysian people there. We spent 1 hour to get back. Finally...

-----------------------

My second experience was yesterday. This experience was still fresh in my memory. It was at night and the same thing it happened because my friend missed the U-turn! and three of us are foreign students too, two from China and me.. First hour, I felt confidence because I have had the experience... and I have been 2 years here so I thought I should have been familiar with some familiar places and knew how to go back..

oh and Oh,,,,, I was wrong. It was terrible than I thought. We almost got to our place, from the signboard it was shown 500 M but then we confused which way we should take. Subsequently, we took the wrong way, couldn't find U-turn, and we took the wrong turn so many times! we passed familiar places and went to unfamiliar places whereas I didn't know where! After 1 hour, I became desperate coz we couldn't find the way back and we were getting far from town...
We asked 3 people in this journey~
first was a Malay man who were standing near the bridge. My friend told me: ask him maybe he wanted to take suicide there! so funny ah,,,
this man has hearing and speech problem. when I asked he kept shouting "ha? ha? " leaned his ear like a small microphone. I didn't understand at all! In summary, we asked the wrong person....

Second person, surprisingly, he studies at same college with us and speaks in Chinese to explain. He said that our place is far and hardly to explain. It was only stick in my short-term memory and then what I had remembered we should take few left turn! Ok then , my friend just kept left and left, big turn and we ended up another place, housing area.

This is the final , I was so desperate and asked Security guards there. They are all Malaysian. So, I spoke in Indonesia again. Lucky, one of them knows well the shortcut. I explained about three times, turn right till up there, see three junction turn left, and you will see traffic light then turn right and ...Ok ok .. I asked him to draw a map. I might confused and forgot what he said! This time, I told myself this the last chance we should go to the right way! Fortunately, my hope became true! We found again Mid Valley Mall (very familiar place) took the right turn and started from there we could go back.

Lesson #1: Never take the wrong way in Kuala Lumpur, It is very hard to find U-turn here. U keep straight then u will end up somewhere!
Lesson #2: Never ask a wrong person
Lesson #3: Always bring drinking water , so thirsty man!
Lesson #4: Stay calm and focus, don't get panicked..
Lesson #5: If you still lost for more than 2 hours,, there are two ways to get back (as my friend said)
- Call taxi and follow him with your car
- Call Police to send you back!

last but not least I would say HAHAHA..fun!

3 comments:

Cloud09 said...

Gee... That's horrible. Lost! Didn't you feel like you were stranger in a strange land at that time?
Luckily you could find your way back at the end. I lol-ing at your Lesson number 5 p 2: Call police to send you back.. ^^ It would be hilarious, seriously. Anyway, I agree with you, that's funny if you come to think of it again. (Sorry for put double comments, I unknowingly clicked publish my comments after I put my name and URL. Please delete the old one, Vi.) Cheers. Have a good day! :D

Deph said...

Haha...thanks for the comment. I hope I wont lost again...
it was such a funny bad luck haha~~

Violet said...

Lesson: Have a GPS always handy... :)